Sanford Clinic, a multispecialty clinic connected to Sanford Medical Center in Bismarck, is considered to be the second oldest medical clinic in the United States. It was founded by Drs. Eric P. Quain and Niles O. Ramstad in 1902. Since its founding, Sanford Clinic staff members have continued to be pioneers in techniques, procedures, equipment and medicines. In fact, Dr. Quain brought the first supply of novocain to the United States for use as local anesthesia.
Sanford Clinic provides dedicated, quality patient care in specialty areas ranging from cardiovascular surgery to genetic counseling. Primary care services such as internal medicine and pediatrics are also provided.
As a part of Sanford Health, Sanford Clinic is directly linked to a fully integrated health care system that includes the largest group of primary care doctors in the region, long-term care facilities, a home health agency and a Level II trauma center.