Provider Based Billing
Provider Based designation is a Medicare status for clinics designated to be outpatient hospital departments of the hospital. Patients will receive billing statements for professional and facility fees.
Sanford clinics designated as Provider Based have the name ‘Sanford’ as part of the clinic name. Clinics that are not Provider Based have the name ‘Sanford Health’ as part of the clinic name. Learn more about Provider Based Billing.
How to Use the Hospital Pricing Information List
Simply click on the state where your hospital is located. Find the hospital you would like to review. Then click the hospital name to read or download the price estimates document on your computer or mobile device.
- The prices listed are the amounts Sanford Health would bill an insurer. The amounts may not be what you will pay out-of-pocket.
- The prices listed were in effect as of December 31, 2019 and reflect the annual price changes that were implemented on July 1, 2019. In some cases, charges may change during the year and may have been updated since December 31, 2019.
- Hospital charges are the amount a hospital bills an insurer for a service. For most patients, hospitals are reimbursed at a level well below charges. Patients covered by commercial insurance have negotiated rates with hospitals. Patients covered by Medicare or Medicaid programs have hospital reimbursement rates determined by federal and state governments.
- Hospital charges may also include bundled rates for procedures, personnel, services and supplies. For example, room rates may include the space, equipment, nursing personnel and supplies.
Where to Find More Information
To search and compare average prices among other facilities, visit the Hospital Associations of Minnesota, South Dakota and Iowa websites:
CMS Hospital Price Transparency Information
Thief River Falls, MN
- Sanford Medical Center Fargo, Sanford South University Medical Center, Sanford Broadway Medical Center
Clear Lake, SD
Sioux Falls, SD