Manage Your Symptoms & Live Better
We want you to feel and function at your best. Our heart rehabilitation programs serve anyone recuperating from a heart attack, heart failure or other heart issues. It is an essential step towards a full recovery.
At Sanford Health, we provide support and rehabilitation for our heart patients in a variety of formats:
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Heart failure program
- Anticoagulation clinic
- Pacemaker/device clinic
- Heart valve program
Our cardiac rehab services are an important part of your recovery. We’ll work with you directly to design a program that strengthens your heart and helps prevent future cardiac problems.
What is cardiac rehab?
Cardiac rehab (cardiac rehabilitation) is a program to help people who have heart disease. People in this program may have had a heart attack or heart surgery.
Your health care provider oversees your cardiac rehab care. The program is designed to improve heart recovery and prepare you for future daily activities.
Who does cardiac rehab help?
Cardiac rehab may help you if you have certain heart conditions or if you’ve had specific heart procedures. These include:
- Angioplasty with or without a stent
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) surgery, or bypass surgery
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Heart or heart-lung transplant
- Peripheral artery disease
- Stable angina
Ask a cardiologist now about how a cardiac rehab program can reduce your chances of heart problems later.
The cardiac rehab program
Your cardiac rehab program is designed to meet your needs. Your plan may last from 12 weeks to more than a year.
The goal of cardiac rehab is to help ease your symptoms and make your heart as healthy as possible. Your program may include:
- Exercise. Staying active makes you more fit and helps your heart work better.
- Classes. Learn important lifestyle changes and pick up healthier habits.
- Stress management. Manage stress to lower your anxiety.
- Counseling. Participate in specialized counseling sessions.
Find a cardiac rehab program near you
Learn More about Cardiac Rehab
Sanford Health News
They are two distinct screenings, but both are important to your health
Both Vern & Claudia Krebs have had procedures with same Sanford doctor