Heart Screenings Save Lives
Heart disease can strike fast and prevent your heart from doing its vital job. Know your risk and protect your heart with a screening from Sanford Health. This affordable, painless test gives you and your doctor a better look at your risk for heart disease. We're here to help you plan for your future heart care.
Give yourself some peace of mind with a heart screening. It could save your life.
Your Heart Screen Includes:
- Cardiac calcium score: A heart scan or X-ray.
- EKG: Sensors on your skin can detect the electrical activity of your heart.
- Body mass index (BMI): Your doctor will use your height and weight to determine your BMI.
- Non-fasting cholesterol: High cholesterol typically has no symptoms, so it’s important to have your cholesterol levels checked with a quick finger poke.
- Blood pressure: Many people don’t know they have high blood pressure until they’ve been tested for it. A painless arm squeeze will educate you on your risk.
- Framingham score: A risk estimate for developing heart disease in the next 10 years.
Benefits of a Heart Screen
Heart screens are accessible, affordable, and can make a long-term difference in your life. Early identification of severe conditions allows you and your doctor to make changes now and reduce or prevent problems later.
You can manage and reduce most causes of cardiovascular disease. During a heart screen, you and your doctor will discuss how to control your unique heart disease risk factors.
Let your doctor know if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, smoking, high cholesterol or a family history of heart disease.
Visit a Heart Screening Location
Sanford Health conveniently offers heart screening throughout South Dakota, North Dakota and Minnesota.
Plus, get a discount when you get a heart screening and vascular screening together. Find a clinic near you to schedule a heart screening today.
Heart and Vascular Screenings
Limited time offer
From November 1, 2019 to January 31, 2020 you can receive heart and vascular screenings for only $25 each. These potentially life-saving screenings give you and your provider a better idea of your risk for heart disease and stroke by looking at the condition of your heart, veins and arteries. Look below to see screening availability in your area.
Heart and Vascular Screening Locations
Sanford Center for Screening
1301 W. 18th St.
Sioux Falls, SD
Sanford Aberdeen Clinic
3015 Third Ave. SE
Sanford Chamberlain Medical Center
300 S. Byron Blvd.
Sanford Worthington Medical Center
1018 Sixth Ave.
Vascular Screenings Locations
Sanford Sheldon Medical Center
118 N. Seventh Ave.
20 S. Plum
Sanford Webster Clinic
101 Peabody Dr.
Cardiac Calcium Scoring
You can get a cardiac calcium score alone or as part of the heart screen. A cardiac calcium score is a fast, painless and non-invasive CT scan. It can detect the presence, location and extent of calcified plaque in the coronary arteries - and therefore your risk of heart attack within the next two to five years.
Cardiac calcium scoring is recommended for postmenopausal women and people who have:
- Family history of heart disease
- History of smoking or are currently a smoker
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Sedentary lifestyle