Get the Latest in Heart Care
Where do you turn for managing abnormal heart rhythms, heart disease, high blood pressure or heart failure? Turn to the experts at Sanford Health.
Our trained specialists always treat heart conditions with the most advanced technologies and techniques. When you need surgery, we have options ranging from minimally invasive alternatives to open-heart surgery.
Our heart technology makes possible:
- Aortic stenosis treatment without open-heart surgery: TAVR heart valve replacement is a minimally invasive treatment option for severe aortic stenosis.
- Heart monitoring without batteries: The CardioMEMS HF system is the first and only FDA-approved heart failure monitoring device. It works with a tiny transmitter and needs no batteries. Watch the video in the CardioMEMS tab to learn more.
- Heart valve treatment before heart failure: The MitraClip is minimally invasive catheter therapy for treatment of mitral regurgitation. It can prevent heart failure before it happens. Watch an animation of the procedure in the MitraClip tab below.
Whatever your heart condition or ailment, come to Sanford Health's expert heart specialists for treatment. We'll walk you through surgical and non-surgical options to find your best treatment plan.
Types of Heart Treatment
We can help you with a variety of heart treatments. After treatment, see our heart rehabilitation team to reduce your heart's recovery time.
Abnormal heart rhythm treatments
- Catheter ablation
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
Heart disease treatments
- Cardiac catheterization for arrhythmia
- Coronary angioplasty
- Balloon angioplasty
- Coronary artery stent (heart stent)
- Laser angioplasty
- Coronary artery bypass (CABG), or bypass surgery
- Intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP)
- Ventricular assist device (VAD)
Valve disease treatments
- Valvuloplasty (balloon valvotomy)
- Heart valve repair
- Valve replacement
Heart Treatment Locations
We provide heart care in and around Fargo, North Dakota; Bismarck, North Dakota; Sioux Falls, South Dakota; Aberdeen, South Dakota; and Bemidji, Minnesota. Contact a Sanford Health clinic or heart hospital near you and let us keep your heart healthy.
Sanford Health News
NYU, Vanderbilt, Johns Hopkins and other systems help trial device for high-risk vascular disease patients
New wireless device reduces complications found in other pacemakers