Get Motivated with Group Fitness
Whether on land or in the water, the group fitness classes at the Sanford Wellness Center give you a total workout in a motivating, invigorating atmosphere.
All classes are led by certified group fitness instructors. We research the latest trends in fitness to offer you the classes you want.
Our classes provide a variety of equipment, including weights, resistance bands, TRX trainers, BOSU balance trainers, gliding discs, medicine balls, kettlebells and stability balls. Our aquatics classes are offered in our three pools: two at 49th & Oxbow and one at Tea-Ellis. We provide the highest degree of quality, diversity and quantity of class options and have been ranked No. 1 in the country by the United States Water Fitness Association.
We offer the full range of aquatic equipment, including:
- Ankle weights
- Aqua paddles
- Aqua steps
- BOGA boards
- Foam dumbbells
- Hand buoys
- Pool noodles
- Resistance bands
Some of our group fitness formats include:
- Group strength training such as Muscle Max and PUMP
- Indoor cycling, including cycling-only classes and hybrid strength and cycling classes
- Step classes
- Dance-inspired classes like Zumba and KDanze
- Fitness mind and body classes such as BARRE, Pilates Fusion, yoga and PiYo
- Cardio and strength training, including HIIT, No Limits, R.I.P.P.E.D., Cardio Kickbox, Total Body Blend and Total Body Tabata
- CoreFLEX classes for core training
- Hydrorider classes
- Warm water toning classes
- Shallow and deep water exercise classes
- Specialty classes in the warm water pool for cancer survivors, those living with arthritis and more
Classes range from 30 to 60 minutes.
You’re invited to take part in our fitness challenges throughout the year! Challenge yourself to set and achieve fitness goals while working your way through the full offerings at your Sanford Wellness Center.
Stop by the front desk to learn about our current fitness challenge.