Get Motivated with Group Fitness
Whether on land or in the water, the Sanford Wellness Center Group Fitness programs give you a complete workout in a motivating and invigorating atmosphere. All classes are led by certified group fitness instructors. We research the latest trends in fitness to offer you a wide variety of classes. We use a variety of equipment in our classes, including weights, tubing, TRX, BOSU balls, gliding discs, medicine balls, kettlebells, stability balls, noodles, water resistance hand buoys, ankle weights, water steps, foam dumbbells, aqua paddles, hydroriders and more. Classes range from 30-60 minutes.
Our aquatics classes are supported by three pools (two at 49th & Oxbow and one at Tea-Ellis). Our aquatics programs offer the highest degree of quality, diversity and numbers of programming options and has been ranked No. 1 in the country by the United States Water Fitness Association.
Some of our group fitness formats include:
- Group strength training (Muscle Max and PUMP)
- Indoor cycling (cycling-only classes and hybrid strength and cycling classes)
- Step classes
- Dance-inspired classes (Zumba, KDanze)
- Fitness mind/body (BARRE, Pilates Fusion, yoga and PiYo)
- Cardio/strength training conditioning (HIIT, No Limits, R.I.P.P.E.D., Cardio Kickbox, Total Body Blend and Total Body Tabatas)
- CoreFLEX classes (core training)
- Hydrorider classes at 49th & Oxbow
- Varied formats of toning classes in the warm water pool at 49th & Oxbow
- Shallow water exercise classes offered in the main pools at both locations
- Deep water exercise classes offered at 49th & Oxbow
- Specialty classes held in the warm water pool (cancer survivors, arthritis sufferers, etc.)
The 100 Club is the process of using group fitness to help you start and continue with good exercise habits. Participants keep track of their classes and upon attending 100 of them receive a free t-shirt and get their name on the Wall of Fame.