The Sanford Wellness Center is proud to offer a nationally acclaimed aquatics program for fitness and family fun.
Our outstanding facilities include warm water spas, saline-based pools, saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and kids’ areas.
Sanford Wellness Center – 49th & Oxbow
Our aquatic center includes a:
- 25-yard saline-based pool (84 degrees)
- Warm water pool (93 degrees)
- Saline-based spa
- Dry sauna
Sanford Wellness Center – Tea-Ellis
This location offers a:
- Pool with a 15-yard lap lane, waterslide and zero-depth area (83 degrees)
- Saline-based spa
- Dry sauna
- Steam room
Open Swim/Lap Schedules
- Oxbow Location - Main Pool Schedule
- Oxbow Location - Open Swim
- Oxbow Location - Warm Water Pool
- Tea/Ellis - Open Swim Schedule
Whether you’re looking to hit the water for exercise, therapeutic purposes or just for fun, we have the pool, spa or aquatic class for you
For special populations, adaptive programs at the Sanford Wellness Center offer a fun, safe experience in the water or at our performance center.
Our programs include:
- Adaptive Aquatics. Designed to help your child overcome a fear of the water, increase strength and balance or improve dexterity and fine motor skills. Students will also complete the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program.
- Adaptive Personal Fitness. Students work with a personal trainer at the gym for cardio and strength training.
- Water Buddy Exercise. An aerobics class where our adult members buddy up with a student. The class incorporates cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, range of motion, endurance, flexibility and balance.
- Social fitness groups. This seasonal program improves social and gross motor skills through physical and team activities with peers in the gym.
Stop by our front desk or call (605) 328-1600 to sign up or learn more.
What makes our aquatics program special?
- Our aquatic program offers the highest degree of quality, diversity and numbers of programming options.
- National recognition! Our Aquatics program is ranked #1 in the country by the United States Water Fitness Association
- Recognized by Aquatics International Magazine as the top overall health & fitness center aquatic program in the country
Why is water so beneficial?
- Water programs are user friendly for people of varied health backgrounds.
- Buoyancy of water allows for less stress on muscles and joints.
- Water is an excellent medium to improve cardiovascular, strength and endurance.
- Water is a great source for rehabilitation of injury.
- Water is an excellent form of cross training for athletes.
What types of aquatics programming are offered for children?
- Adaptive aquatics
- Red Cross swimming lessons are offered to all ages (6 months to adult) and skill levels - included with your family membership.
- Youth Swim Fall Program
Special pool parties are offered throughout the year. Celebrate your birthday, end of soccer season or other special events with our popular pool parties. Available to members and non members - call to schedule.
What types of aquatics programming are offered for adults?
- Adult swimming lessons
- Adult private swimming lessons
- Individualized aquatic programs
- Lap swimming
- Masters Swim Program
- Specialty classes (breast cancer survivor, arthritis, etc.)
- Triathlon training
- Varied formats of shallow and deep water exercise classes in the main pool
- Varied formats of toning classes offered in the warm water pool
New participants should arrive at class 5 minutes early if possible. Please let the instructor know if you have any physical limitations. If your doctor or physical therapist has told you not to do certain exercises, please follow their instructions.
For more information or if you have questions about the Wellness Center or any of these classes, please call (605) 328-1600.