Labor and Delivery at Sanford Health
Start your journey as a new parent at a Sanford Health labor and delivery unit. Our physicians and certified nurse-midwives partner with you to provide safe and specialized care as you bring your new baby into the world.
We have everything you need for your labor and delivery, from childbirth classes to amazing birthing suites with low intervention birth options. We welcome you to tour a location and get your birthing questions answered in person. You also can watch virtual tours.
Personalized Birth Experience
Your obstetrics team will work with you on the level of care you’re comfortable with – in a setting that’s equipped to intervene if challenges arise. Labor and delivery at Sanford Women’s includes:
- Holistic low intervention birth options: Depending on your location, you may have access to certified nurse-midwives and other ways to support a low intervention and holistic birth plan. Our low intervention options include:
- Water Birth
- You may be able to have your own doula partner with the Sanford team for your birthing experience
- Epidurals and pain management
- Cesarean sections
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC)
- High-risk pregnancy care
Amenities and Support
We provide a range of amenities and support services to ensure the comfort, safety, and well-being of both you and your baby, including:
- Comfortable birthing suites: We have 24/7 on-site care and abundant amenities designed for your comfort and your family’s privacy and safety.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) access: The NICU is there for you when your baby needs advanced medical care.
- Breastfeeding support and assistance during hospitalization.
- Postpartum referrals after your hospital stay.
Sanford Health News
Flu vaccine recommended for everyone over 6 months old
Providers, policymakers talk expanding access to maternal health care