Support For Your Pregnancy & Birth
We’re here for you through all the stages of pregnancy, from your first prenatal appointment through labor and delivery.
Why Choose Sanford for Pregnancy
At Sanford Women’s, you get the options you want for the best pregnancy experience:
- Preconception clinics. If you’re struggling to get pregnant, we can help. Our reproductive medicine team has pregnancy success rates higher than the national average. Learn about fertility resources available at Sanford.
- Early prenatal appointments. See our providers as early as eight weeks pregnant to get your pregnancy off to the right start.
- Prenatal ultrasound. During normal and high-risk pregnancies, we can take a detailed look at your baby’s developing body to diagnose defects in the limbs and vital organs. We also can test your baby’s well-being with biophysical profile ultrasound, color imaging and Doppler.
- Luxurious birthing suites. We have 24/7 onsite care and abundant amenities designed for your comfort and your family’s privacy and safety.
- Constant support. Build a relationship with the provider who will partner with you through your pregnancy and beyond. Once your baby is born, use our lactation support and education any day – we’re open seven days a week.
Choose Sanford for expert providers who are here for you before, during and after childbirth. Learn about your options for maternity care specialists in our Choosing a Provider chart below.
Supporting Your Pregnancy
Pregnancy and childbirth are life-changing. Even before you become pregnant, Sanford Health is here to support you through it all.
Before Baby: Thinking about starting a family? B4 Baby is a free, informal, open-house event for you and your partner to learn about important physical, emotional and practical considerations before becoming pregnant. You also can take an optional tour of the birth center.
Pregnancy Coach: Visit one-on-one with a birth designer, also called a pregnancy consultant or pregnancy support coach. Pregnancy coaches are registered nurses with special training in educating expectant mothers.
Low Intervention Birth Options: Depending on your location, you may have access to doulas, certified nurse midwives and other ways to support your holistic birth plans.
Pregnancy Support Group: You can join a support group called CenteringPregnancy. This connects you to other moms-to-be with similar due dates for group prenatal support.
Pregnancy Classes & Events: Sanford Health pregnancy classes help you prepare for labor, childbirth, breastfeeding and caring for your newborn. Learn about:
- Taking care of yourself during pregnancy
- Getting ready for labor and delivery
- Preparing for a new baby to join your family
- Breastfeeding basics
- Call-in and walk-in lactation support
- Newborn care
Sanford Health News
Patients can get urogynecology help with therapy, classes and new habits
Find out which preventive screenings are the best for you.
Classes & Events
Wed 05/22/19 5:00 PM - Wed 05/22/19 6:00 PM
Sanford UND Building - Bismarck
Tue 05/21/19 7:30 PM - Tue 05/21/19 9:00 PM