Sanford Chamberlain Medical Center's Surgery Department is dedicated to your safety, privacy, and comfort. Many people are not aware of the broad spectrum of surgical services available at Sanford Chamberlain. Our general surgeon, specialty physicians, and experienced surgical staff are qualified and capable of performing many surgeries right here in Chamberlain… close to home.
General surgeon, Elizabeth Tucker, DO, joined the Sanford Chamberlain team of health care providers in February 2015. Dr. Tucker was born and raised in Long Island, New York. She received her medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed her residency at Mercy Health.
Her scope of practice includes:
- Emergency and general surgery
- Endoscopic procedures, including colonoscopy
- Upper scopes to diagnose and treat swallowing disorders, acid reflux, gluten allergies and more
- Breast health surgery, including biopsy and care of breast disease and coordination with Sanford’s Breast Health Team
- Cancer surgery, including skin, breast and colon
- Cesarean sections
- Laparoscopic surgery, including appendix, bowel, gallbladder and hernia
- Other surgical services, including advance burn and wound care
The Sanford Chamberlain Surgical Team has the training, experience, technology, care and concern to make your surgical experience the best possible. Many procedures can be performed in Chamberlain, closer to family, friends, and home.
If you or someone you know is facing surgery, ask your physician if the procedure can be done in Chamberlain.
For more information about Sanford Chamberlain surgical services, call (605) 234-6551, or contact your family physician.