Relief for Back Pain and More
Back pain can affect every part of your life. Our chiropractic care offers safe, drug-free and surgery-free alternatives to pain treatment for people of all ages. We help reduce your pain and prevent injury while restoring more natural movement to your joints.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Chiropractors treat spine and other musculoskeletal conditions through hands-on manipulation. Chiropractic medicine is a safe pain relief alternative to surgery and medications. We examine, diagnose and treat people with many types of pain, including:
- Back, neck and joint pain
- Jaw pain
- Radiating pain in the arms and legs
Learn more about chiropractic medicine.
Our Chiropractic Treatments
We’re experts in chiropractic manipulation. This manipulation involves quickly moving a joint safely beyond its normal range of motion. It can help restore a more normal function to the joint and improve its range of motion while decreasing pain.
Other chiropractic treatments:
- Ice or heat therapy. Ice reduces pain and swelling. Heat can calm muscles and promote healing by increasing blood flow.
- Massage. Massage relaxes muscles and reduces pain.
- Electrical muscle stimulation. This treatment stimulates your muscles and encourages blood flow. It can reduce muscle spasms and relieve back pain.
- TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation). This treatment uses a mild electrical current delivered via electrodes placed on the skin. The current stimulates the nerves and can help reduce swelling and increase circulation.
Your Chiropractic Visit: What to Expect
Chiropractic care may be your primary pain treatment. But you may also need to see other providers, such as physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists or physical therapists. Our team works with primary care physicians, physical therapists and other specialists to create a treatment plan designed just for you and your needs.
At your appointment:
- Your chiropractor will conduct an extensive exam to determine what treatments will work best for you.
- You will get a treatment plan specific to your personal needs.
- Your plan will include ways you can continue healing at home, including exercises and stretches and nutrition and lifestyle changes.
Find a Chiropractor in Minnesota and North Dakota
Connect with one of our doctors to get the pain relief you need. Sanford Health offers chiropractic care in these cities:
- Bagley, Minnesota
- Bemidji, Minnesota
- Thief River Falls, Minnesota
- Bismarck, North Dakota
- Dickinson, North Dakota
- Fargo, North Dakota
- Jamestown, North Dakota
How Chiropractors Reduce Your Pain
The goal of chiropractic medicine is to safely increase your function and decrease your pain. We use the latest treatments and techniques to help you move better. Learn more about chiropractic care and how we partner with you during the healing process.
Sanford Health News