Edith Sanford Breast Center Fargo
The breast cancer specialists at the Edith Sanford Breast Center will work with you at all stages of breast health.
Screening & Diagnosis: Early detection can save your life. The breast radiologists at Sanford Health have several techniques and technologies for screening and diagnosing breast cancers.
If you are interested in a mammogram, choose Sanford Health. Our fellowship-trained breast radiologists have the highest level of training in the region. Their expertise in reading mammograms is unmatched.
Some women may qualify to use our new curved paddle technology. These patients report less discomfort during a mammogram.
Next steps: If screening shows that you have a mass, a breast biopsy is the next step. Keep in mind that most masses are benign. Only one in five breast biopsies are cancerous.
Treatment & Care: If you should need treatment, we offer personalized plans to all our patients. Our experienced team of oncologists, radiologists, surgeons, technicians, nurses, and more will work with you at each step. Explore our wide range of services to discover the treatment that is right for your needs.
- Medical Oncology/Chemotherapy: Use targeted therapies that help you fight breast cancer through chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy or hormonal therapy. Patients concerned with hair loss can request a cold cap, which reduces hair loss due to chemotherapy.
- Radiation Therapy: Kill, shrink or slow cancer cells using advanced radiation therapies. Some patients may qualify for Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT). IORT gives higher, more effective doses of radiation therapy that are given during surgery.
- Breast Cancer Surgery: Explore Sanford's breast surgery options. All surgeries use the latest technology, including Hidden Scar™.
- Breast Reconstruction: Learn more about your options after surgery to rebuild the look and shape of your breast.
You’re a survivor from the moment of your diagnosis. Work with Edith Sanford Breast Center’s care team to plan your next steps. We don’t just offer treatment plans. Visit us for the care and support you need during your survivorship journey.
Edith Sanford Breast Specialty Clinic
The Edith Sanford Breast Specialty Clinic offers comprehensive preventive care. Located within the Edith Sanford Breast Center, the specialty clinic provides care for women who have a high risk of breast cancer or have already been diagnosed. It offers its patients innovative technologies and procedures at the forefront of breast cancer treatment.
The clinic provides access to:
- Athena Breast Health Network: Join over 100,000 women by taking the Athena Questionnaire as part of the WISDOM Study. Researchers collect the data from the WISDOM Study to provide more accurate breast cancer screening standards for the next generation of women.
- Genetic counselors: Genetic counselors work with women who have been diagnosed or are at an increased risk of developing breast cancer. These genetic specialists provide cancer risk assessment and genetic testing. They will work with you to identify risk based on hereditary factors.
- DEXA bone scans: If you've been diagnosed with breast cancer, specialists recommend taking a bone density test. Osteoporosis or bone density loss can be a long-lasting side effect of cancer treatment. Patients should take a baseline test before treatment and regular DEXA scans to make sure your bones are staying strong. If doctors catch bone density loss early, they can prevent more loss.