For more than 100 years, Sanford Health has been committed to excellence in providing
health care and education to our region. We value the commitment, time and resources
students dedicate toward advancing their education and have developed scholarships
to provide financial assistance to deserving students.
Heart of Tomorrow Scholarship – Sanford Health has developed the Heart of Tomorrow Scholarship Program to assist Sanford Health employees’ dependent children who are planning to pursue post-secondary education in a two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical program. These scholarships will be offered on a yearly basis for full-time study at any accredited post-secondary institution the student chooses.
The Heart of Tomorrow Scholarship Program is administered by Sanford Health. Sanford Health is an equal opportunity employer/educational institution and will grant awards without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability, national origin or any other category protected by state, local or federal law, regulation or rule.
The scholarship is considered a gift to the Sanford Health employee and therefore the employee will incur the appropriate applicable payroll taxes on the amount of the scholarship on a future payroll check.
- Dependent children up to the age of 24 of full-time, part-time or unscheduled part-time (per diem) employees of Sanford Health, not including managed facilities.
- Applicant's parent must be employed by Sanford Health as of April 7, 2017.
- High school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll or are currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four year college, university or vocational technical program.
- Must have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or greater, calculated on a 4.0 grading scale Employees with more than one qualifying dependent can submit multiple applications but only one scholarship can be awarded per family per year.
- Each applicant can only be awarded the Heart of Tomorrow Scholarship twice during their post-secondary studies ($2000 lifetime scholarship award limit).
- On-line application must be completed by the dependent child of the Sanford employee before end of day on March 18, 2016.
- Applicant must send an official transcript of grades from their last completed semester of study from the current or most recently attended educational facility. Transcript should show a cumulative GPA. This transcript must be received by the appropriate Human Resources office by March 17, 2017.
Any questions regarding the scholarship can be direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Loan Forgiveness Scholarship Program – available at our Sioux Falls, Fargo and Bismarck medical center locations. Sanford Health is offering a financial scholarship to assist nursing students with the expenses associated with the completion of your degree. As a recipient of these resources, you have the opportunity to work at Sanford Health–a health care industry leader–as a full-time employee.
At Sanford Health, we pride ourselves on the high levels of clinical care each patient receives, as well as the expertise of our staff. We are truly dedicated to fostering educational and clinical opportunities for students. The relationship between Sanford Health and your educational program not only reflects this dedication, but also our collaborative efforts and commitment to providing an elite group of healthcare professionals who share our commitment.
After completing the Loan Forgiveness Application, please print a hard copy, sign the application and return to Human Resources to the address listed on the application.
Your experience at Sanford Health will be like no other in health care or outside the industry. You made a great decision when you chose health care. You'll make another when you choose Sanford Health.