Life After Cancer Treatment
Survivorship is about learning how to navigate life after cancer treatment. For many cancer survivors and their families, this stage can be full of challenges and fear of the unknown.
At Sanford Head & Neck Cancer, our goal is to support you and your family or caregivers with the information you need to:
- Cope with long-term effects from treatment;
- Manage your risk for recurrence;
- Address social and financial concerns;
- Find support and community resources; and,
- Improve your quality of life.
Survivorship Clinic Appointments
During your appointment, you will meet with a nurse practitioner and a nurse navigator that specialize in identifying and treating late side effects, which are symptoms that may appear months or years after treatment has ended. You will receive:
- A personalized treatment summary and follow-up care plan;
- Guidelines for cancer screenings;
- Survivorship and support resources;
- Education on long-term physical and/or emotional effects;
- Medication review and information on when to see a doctor;
- Referrals for physical therapy, speech therapy, or psychiatry as needed; and,
- Nutrition and wellness recommendations.
View and Download Patient Resources
For more information or to schedule an appointment with our nurse practitioner, call (605) 328-8200 or e-mail us at email@example.com.