Meet Your Complete Cancer Care Team
Your Sanford Cancer Center oncology team specializes in diagnosing, treating and caring for you from detection to survivorship.
You can expect:
- Visits, treatment, monitoring, lab testing, and follow-up exams through survivorship
- Chemotherapy, targeted biotherapy or immunotherapy, as appropriate to your specific case
- Support for preventing and minimizing side effects such as fatigue, pain, dehydration and eating problems
- Access to the most current clinical trials
- Support from your nurses including assessments, lab results monitoring, and ongoing health education and communication
- Ongoing access to cancer care staff for emotional, financial and everyday support throughout your care
What to Expect from Infusion Treatments
Infusion treatments are cancer-fighting therapies delivered intravenously to target your specific cancer. What to expect at your infusion center:
- Private, comfortable spaces dedicated to best support your needs while you get these therapies.
- Trained oncology nurses who administer your therapies and are available throughout your stay.
- Room to bring a member of your support team with you. Feel free to bring electronics or other activities to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Sanford Health News