The Sanford Health Program for Medical Laboratory Science's mission is to educate, support and inspire our students to become competent, fully functioning professionals in their career choice of clinical laboratory scientists so they can go on to improve the health and quality of life of the people they serve.
The program in medical laboratory science offers a 50-week curriculum at the senior college level leading to a bachelor degree in medical laboratory science from the intern's respective academic institution. After successful completion of the program, graduates are eligible to take national certification exams from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) Board of Certification. Graduates are then eligible for licensing or any additional testing that may be required by individual states.
- To provide accurate, up-to-date education to meet the changing needs of the laboratory and health care environment.
- To provide a framework to allow students and educators to interact in a positive, vital, respectful environment.
- To provide support for students as individuals with varied concerns, therefore assisting in making for a successful internship year.
- To inspire students to higher levels of thought process and expertise, and thus competency.
- To inspire students to personally aspire to a goal of being a life-long learner.
- We realize that each student, although part of a class, is an individual.
- We realize that as individuals, each student may benefit from alternative learning styles.
- We realize that it is each individual student's job to take responsibility for his or her own learning.
- We realize that our goal is to provide education to enable each student to obtain entry-level laboratory competency.
Requirements for the Sanford Health Program for Medical Laboratory Science
Sanford Health Program for Medical Laboratory Science is proud to state that we have provided 50 years of "Excellence in Education."