Achieving Peak Performance
Athletes face a variety of challenges while trying to stay healthy and in top shape. From conditioning to injury prevention to off-season training, our athletic training experts will guide you to your best performance level.
Athletic specialists work with individual athletes and teams at every level. They support athletes in all aspects of sports care. When you partner with an athletic health specialist, you’re tapping into expertise on identifying sports injury risks, injury treatments, sports nutrition, safe workouts, emergency care, conditioning, physiology and more.
Athletic Health Services
We equip players with the tools and resources they need to succeed. With a team of sports medicine physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, exercise physiologists and registered dietitians, we’re here to help you be the best athlete you can be. Our team will develop a personalized program for you or your team to achieve specific goals.
One of the main focuses of our programs is injury prevention. We want to keep athletes in the game and make sure they’re safe during on- and off-season training. You can work with an athletic trainer to identify injury risks and prevention strategies in your sport.
Our services include:
- Exercise physiology: Physiologists design exercise programs customized to your health. They tailor their recommendations to your current medical conditions, heart health, metabolism and more.
- Injury prevention: Avoid season-ending injuries. Take steps during practice and competition to keep yourself safe and injury-free.
- Sanford Sports Performance: Find comprehensive sports and activity-specific training at Sanford POWER. Contact a POWER facility near you to learn more and sign up.
- Sanford Sports Science Institute: The Sanford Sports Science Institute researches real-world athletic health problems to provide meaningful solutions.
- Sports nutrition: Our sport-specific nutritional programs include a three-day dietary analysis and a consultation with a board-certified specialist in sports dietetics.
- Thermoregulation: Thermoregulation experts use hydration and nutrition to increase performance in hot weather and decrease heat-related injury.
Stay in the Game
Athletic training specialists provide care immediately from the moment a player is injured. After an injury, our care team focuses on rehabilitation to get athletes back on the field as quickly and safely as possible.
In some cases, athletic trainers can keep injuries from ending a season.
- Emergency athletic care: Athletic trainers watch from the sidelines and act fast when injuries and emergencies happen.
- Rehabilitation: Our rehabilitation specialists offer expertise and support to get you back to doing what you love. Find a partner to guide you through recovery.
- Sports nutrition after an injury: Nutrition plays a big part in the healing process. We’ll help you use diet to get back in the game faster.
- Therapeutic intervention: Physical therapists help athletes get off the sidelines. Work with a therapist to safely recover or regain strength and mobility after an injury or medical condition.
Find a Sports Medicine Specialist
Partner with a provider who will put your health and performance first. We’ll help you reach your full athletic potential.