Programs for Parents & Child Care Providers
The Division of Child Care partners with five Early Childhood Enrichment (ECE) programs across the state to deliver services focused on parents, child care and after-school care providers. The ECE statewide training system was established to meet the growing demand for early childhood and school-age training and to help recruit and retain quality child care providers across South Dakota.
South Dakota's ECE programs offer a systematic approach to providing early childhood and school-age education services and technical assistance. Services are available to all child care and after-school care providers, parents and others involved in the day-to-day care of children and youth.
- Classes. Classroom-style, online and on-site training. Professional growth classes on issues such as child development, age-appropriate activities, effective guidance and program management.
- Technical Assistance. A quality enhancement system that includes on-site technical assistance and coaching to help providers gain knowledge and put it into practice.
- Consultations. Telephone consultations for early childhood care and education professionals and parents.
- Community Resources. Promoting the health, safety and development of young children in early childhood and out of school time programs.
- Parent Resources. Resources to help families to make informed choices when selecting a child care program for their child.
- Community Education. Informing the community about child care issues.