Dedicated to Children’s Health
See our pediatricians and family medicine providers for comprehensive children's and family health care. Our team is dedicated to meeting the health needs of children of all ages, from newborns to young adults.
We’re here to provide the care families need. See our health experts for:
- Checkups for babies, toddlers, children and teens
- Education on child-related illnesses and concerns
- Parenting support
- Preventive health screenings
- Sports physicals
- Wellness care
Routine Children’s Health Services
Well Child Checkups
One of the best ways to keep your child healthy is by having regular well child checkups. These visits make sure infants, children and teens are getting the care they need to stay healthy.
A well child visit includes:
- Checks to ensure children hit their milestones
- Comprehensive physical exams
- Discussions on nutrition, physical fitness and health concerns
- Early detection of issues before they become serious
- Growth and development tracking
- Opportunities to discuss health concerns and questions with an experienced pediatrician
- Preventive health screenings and recommendations
- Sports physicals for student athletes
Children aged 3 years and older should see a pediatrician annually with more frequent visits for younger children. Learn more about well child checkups.
Stay up to date on your child’s immunizations to protect them from life-threatening illnesses. Vaccinations significantly reduce children’s risk of developing dangerous and preventable diseases. Vaccines are a safe and effective way to keep your child, as well as those around them, healthy.
Vaccines work by building up a body’s natural defense system. A provider will inject a weakened or killed bacteria or virus into the body. The immune system will then learn how to fight off those infections and can resist infection from those diseases in the future.
Sports physicals help parents and student athletes catch health issues in the clinic before they become problems during play. You’ll meet with an experienced provider for a comprehensive exam that ensures your child is healthy enough to participate in sports. Most schools and sports organizations require players to complete a physical before they’re allowed to participate.
During a sports physical, physicians check:
- Height and weight
- Heart health
- Breathing issues
Your child’s regular pediatrician or family medicine doctor can perform a sports physical. Well child checkups also qualify as a physical.