Requesting Medical Records
Sanford Health Release of Information is dedicated to protecting the privacy and security of health information while ensuring its availability for continued medical care, payment, personal needs or other appropriate uses. Some medical records are available online through My Sanford Chart. The Sanford Health Release of Information department also processes written requests from patients or third parties with appropriate authorization to receive medical records.
View Medical Records Online
A quick and easy way to access records online is through My Sanford Chart. Signing up for an account will allow you to view information such as visit summaries, notes, immunization records, medications, test results and more.
To enroll in My Sanford Chart, select “Request Access for Yourself” on the My Sanford Chart homepage. In some circumstances, you can also request access to another person’s records by selecting the “Request Access to Another Person” option.
Once your account is created, follow these steps:
- Log in to My Sanford Chart.
- View your available options in the quick links menu on the right-hand side of the homepage. You can also explore the various tabs at the top of the homepage such as Health and Visits for more information.
- If you don’t see the information you need, you can choose “Request My Records” from the quick links menu to submit a request.
Request Records by Mail, Fax or Email
You can also submit a request for medical records to the Sanford Health Release of Information Department. You can fill out a new written request or forward us an authorization already signed by the patient.
- Download and print Sanford Health’s authorization form.
Descarga la versión en español.
- Authorization forms should be as complete as possible. Missing information may delay the response to your request.
- Send completed authorization forms to the Sanford Health Release of Information Department in one of the following ways:
Note: Sanford Health providers can view your medical records when needed to provide care. You do not need to request a transfer of records if you are seeing a provider at another Sanford Health location.