Emergency Care in the Air
Sanford AirMed saves lives in midair. Our air ambulance service has treated thousands of patients every year. We provide life-saving care while getting patients where they need to go safely and quickly. No matter where you are when you need help, our helicopters can bring medical services to you and safely evacuate you to a trauma center.
Sanford AirMed can fly patients from the scene of an emergency to the hospital. We also provide scheduled and emergency medical flight services between facilities. When minutes count, turn to Sanford AirMed for flights that can save your life.
Our services are available every hour of the day, every day of the year. We’re ready when you need us. For emergencies, call 911. Call 1-844-4-AIRMED to reach our communications center. Have questions? Email us.
Take Flight with AirMed
Trauma patients need emergency care fast. We get patients to medical experts at a fraction of the time compared to ground transport. Your in-flight care team includes registered nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists and other medical personnel. Sanford AirMed has a team of full-time pilots and mechanics to keep our medical helicopters in the air.
Choose Sanford AirMed because:
- We take off within minutes of a call from Bemidji, Bismarck, Fargo or Sioux Falls.
- Over 70,000 patients have safely flown with us.
- We’ve been in the air for more than four decades. Fly with us to get treatment from expert specialists and advanced technology.
- For your convenience, we contract with most major health insurance companies.
- Our team specializes in adult, neonatal, obstetric and pediatric care.
- We can give stabilizing treatment to patients suffering from cardiac disease, trauma, burns, stroke, sepsis and more.
Sanford AirMed is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS). This accreditation shows that we have proven our dedication to patient care and safety.
This notice is provided pursuant to 49 U.S. Code § 42302: Consumers may contact the U.S. Department of Transportation Aviation Consumer Protection Division at 1200 New Jersey Ave SE, Washington, DC 20590 or online at https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer. Phone: (202) 366-4000. TTY/Assistive Device: (800) 877-8339.