Verify Professional Liability Insurance
Sanford Health's certificate of liability insurance is now available in digital form.
To provide you with this information in a timely manner, we have established this section on our website with the current certificate of insurance. Download now:
Claims History Reports
What is a Claims History Report
A Claims History is a report of claims and lawsuits asserted against a medical professional.
How to Request a Claims History Report
What is in a Standard Claims History Report
Upon request and receipt of appropriate documentation, the Sanford claims team will provide a standard claims history report for a provider.
- This report would include all open claims and suits for that provider.
- For closed claims and suits, a five-year claims history would be provided.This five-year time period would be calculated based on the “date reported.”
This claims history report will include:
- Both claims and suits, regardless of whether a payment was made on behalf of that provider.
- Files where a provider was a target employee and/or named defendant.
- Information on whether or not a payment was made on behalf of the provider.
- Amounts of settlements will not be provided.
- Amounts of verdicts may be provided.
- Date of Loss
- Date Reported
- Claim Number
- Policy Number
- Claim Type
- Brief description of claim/suit
- Date claims history report was run