Your Imaging & Radiology Specialists
Trust Sanford Radiology for accurate diagnoses and precise treatments. We put cutting-edge technology in the hands of expert radiologists to give you advanced care.
We focus on giving you the safest and highest quality care. For tests that use radiation, we use the lowest effective dose to limit radiation exposure while still getting results. We also use child-appropriate doses of radiation on our pediatric patients.
Our Radiology Services
Radiologists and technologists use radiation, magnets or soundwaves to diagnose and treat injuries and diseases. They’re trained in how to use radiation in scans and imaging tests safely.
You’ll work with Sanford Radiology if you get any of these scans:
- X-rays: X-rays take images of bones and surrounding tissue. Doctors use this imaging test to diagnose bone injuries, infections, tumors, joint disorders and more.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): MRI uses magnets and radiofrequencies to image internal organs and structures. Unlike X-rays or CT scans, it does not use radiation.
- Computed tomography (CT) scans: CT scans use an X-ray beam that moves around the body to take images of internal organs or tissue. It is more detailed than standard X-rays.
- Ultrasounds: Ultrasounds use sound waves instead of radiation to take images.
- Mammograms: Mammograms are a low-dose X-ray of your breast. It is the best way to detect breast cancer early.
Sanford Radiology can identify and treat a variety of illnesses and injuries. Our scans can find cancers, heart diseases, neurological issues, lung disorders, tumors, kidney issues and more.
More Than a Diagnostic Tool
Choose Sanford Health for minimally-invasive interventional radiology services. Interventional radiologists treat diseases using image-guided procedures like X-rays, MRI, CT scans and ultrasounds. For example, they can treat a narrowed artery by using image-guidance to place a balloon in a vessel to stretch it.
Interventional radiology treats a variety of diseases and helps radiologists be more precise during the operation. More accurate procedures lead to fewer risks, less pain and shorter hospital stays.
If you need a diagnosis or treatment, turn to the experts at Sanford Radiology. Find one of our convenient locations near you.
Sanford Health News
Classes & Events
Fri 04/16/21 9:30 AM - Fri 04/16/21 1:30 PM
Thu 04/15/21 7:30 PM - Thu 04/15/21 8:30 PM