Surgical Care Focused on Your Child
Choose Sanford Children's for your child's surgery, from tonsillectomies to trauma surgery.
Sanford Pediatric Surgery consists of a team of leading pediatric surgeons who provide surgical care for infants to young adults.
Your child has access to the following providers:
- Child life specialists
- Ear, nose and throat surgery specialists
- General surgeons
- Orthopedics & orthopedic surgery specialists
- Pediatric anesthesiologists
- Pediatric hospitalists
- Pediatric intensivists
- Trauma surgery specialists - the only ones in the region
- Your child will have access to an emergency physician, trained to care for a variety of problems that require immediate medical help.
- Emergency Medicine also works closely with pediatric physicians in more than 70 specialties and services.
- Trauma flight teams are available around the clock to transport patients to our care, where state-of-the-art operating rooms, pediatric surgeons (traumatologists) and pediatric anesthesiologists are available on-site.
- For continued care, children have access to Sanford Children's Hospital and our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
We use the latest in technology and safety protocols to care for your child before surgery, during surgery and in post-operative recovery.
Available 24/7, our pediatric team works together to provide emergency and scheduled surgeries for children.