Family-Centered Pediatric Neurosurgery
A child's brain or spine condition affects the whole family. At Sanford Health, our experienced surgeons put safety and recovery first to get your family back on track.
Sanford Pediatric Neurosurgery uses advanced surgical techniques for safer procedures. Our trained surgeons are experienced in all kinds of brain and spine surgeries. Whatever your child’s unique needs, Sanford can provide the best care.
Come to a family-friendly setting that emphasizes safety and care.
Physicians can call (844) 851-1515 to refer a patient to Sanford Pediatric Neurosurgery.
Find Care for Your Child
See Sanford’s team of pediatric neurosurgery experts about your child’s care.Find a Pediatric Neurosurgeon
What is a Pediatric Neurosurgeon?
These specialists surgically treat brain and spine problems in children. This practice treats complex brain or spine problems. These surgeons are committed to their young patients, from infants to children to adolescents. Most importantly, the sub-specialty is family-focused. When treating children, surgeons also care for the families of their patients. Our surgeons show compassion and care for the patient's whole family.
Conditions We Treat
Our neurosurgeons treat most children’s neurological conditions. We most often treat:
- Chiari malformation: Present at birth, a Chiari malformation occurs when the lowest part of the brain pushes outside the skull and into the spinal canal. It is fixed using surgery to remove part of the skull or vertebra and create more room for the brain.
- Epilepsy: A seizure-causing condition where nerve cells in the brain send wrong signals. Usually treated with medication, sometimes patients need surgery.
- Hydrocephalus: A condition in which fluid builds up deep in the brain. It causes headaches, a swollen head and brain damage in some cases.
- Spina bifida: A spine condition and birth defect where the spine doesn’t develop properly. The spinal cord can protrude and be visible under the skin.
Children can also come to Sanford for treatment for:
- Complex brain and spinal tumors
- Endoscopic brain surgery
- Intracranial cysts
- Skull/craniofacial anomalies
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Vascular malformations disease
- Other general neurosurgical procedures
Sanford Provides Advanced Care
Sanford offers minimally invasive surgery. We use the latest techniques and technology. All our surgeries make small incisions whenever possible. That way we can guarantee a faster recovery with less pain. Less invasive procedures are also less risky.
Find Pediatric Neurosurgery Near You
Make an appointment at a Sanford Neurosurgery clinic to get skilled care for any type of pediatric neurological condition.Find a Pediatric Neurosurgery Location
Sanford Health News
Classes & Events
Thu 06/20/19 4:30 PM - Thu 06/20/19 6:00 PM
Sanford Health Neilson Place
Thu 06/20/19 8:30 AM - Thu 06/20/19 2:30 PM
Sanford Stevens Center