A Specialist in Speech Therapy
Joy Loiseau is a speech-language pathologist. When first seeing patients, she thoroughly reviews their charts to help streamline their care appropriately. Joy sees patients before, immediately after and for follow-up care after a total laryngectomy. As needed, she manages and replaces voice prostheses.
She also works closely with ear, nose and throat specialists in clinics to follow head and neck cancer patients through their journey. During her clinic visits, she also sees patients with voice disorders (dysphonia).
Joy specializes in these procedures:
- Tracheoesophageal voice prosthesis management/replacements
She treats these conditions:
- Slurred speech (dysarthria)
- Voice disorders
- Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
- Head and neck cancers
- Speech conditions related to traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Issues with speech caused by Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS)
In the medical community, Joy holds these leadership positions:
- Teaching classes to nursing staff regarding total laryngectomy, stroke and dysphagia care
- Assisting with voice classes to teach the laryngectomy portion of their training to graduate students at Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Being an active part of the head and neck cancer team at the Sanford Roger Maris Cancer Center
- Leading a quarterly laryngectomy support group
Fargo, North Dakota 58103 1720 University Drive S.
Fargo, North Dakota 58103
Sanford Broadway Clinic
Fargo, North Dakota 58102
Ratings & Reviews
Real Experiences from Real Patients
You trust recommendations from real people. That's why we provide comments and star ratings from patients who answer our surveys after their visits to Sanford Health. Star ratings are based on a 0-100 point scale converted to 0-5 stars. Providers must have a minimum of 30 patient ratings to receive a formal rating.