A Specialist in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Dr. Donald Ellis cares for life-threatening injuries and illnesses in patients ages 18 and younger. He evaluates and treats children and young adults seeking care in the emergency department. He also works with appropriate family members and caregivers to optimize their child’s care.
His services include:
- Emergency airway placement
- Lumbar punctures
- Resuscitation of ill or injured children
- Stabilization of short-term medical conditions and trauma
He treats a variety of conditions, including:
- Asthma attacks
- Stomach flu
- Psychiatric crises
- Sickle cell disease with a vaso-occlusive crisis or other complications
- Urinary tract infection, including cystitis with or without a kidney infection
- Trauma and injuries
Dr. Ellis was a founding pediatric emergency physician at the Sanford USD Medical Center.
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Ratings & Reviews
Real Experiences from Real Patients
You trust recommendations from real people. That's why we provide comments and star ratings from patients who answer our surveys after their visits to Sanford Health. Star ratings are based on a 0-100 point scale converted to 1-5 stars. Providers must have a minimum of 30 patient ratings to receive a formal rating.