How You Can Help During COVID-19
We’re so grateful for the generosity and support our communities have shown to our patients, residents and health care providers during this unprecedented time. Your help is still needed.
We’re accepting donations of:
- Employee Crisis Fund gifts: Help local health care workers who have been hit the hardest by the effects of COVID-19 outbreak and other unforeseen circumstances. This fund supports Sanford Health and Good Samaritan Society team members who are facing unexpected financial hardship.
- Electrolyte drinks: i.e. Gatorade, Powerade, and other electrolyte beverages used by health care workers while they work the front lines of the pandemic.
- Food donations: In the interest of employee safety and health, non-commercial food donations will not be accepted at this time. We appreciate food donations that are packaged and individually wrapped. For donations that are intended for immediate consumption, please see the contact information below.
- Blood donations: Demand for donated blood has stayed the same while supply has declined due to canceled blood drives. Please consider donating to save lives today. It’s completely safe to give if you’re healthy.
Where to Give
We’ve set up safe donation drop-off locations at select facilities. Find your community drop-off below.
For food donations, please call Volunteer Services at (605) 312-0265, Monday-Friday. Donations are accepted seven days a week. Please give 24-48 hours notice if possible.
Sanford Health HealthCare Accessories Fargo
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM and Saturday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Donations Accepted: Homemade, surgical or N95 masks, cloth scrub caps with buttons, unopened hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
Drop-off Instructions: When you arrive, call (701) 293-8211. An employee will come to your vehicle to collect your donations.
Sanford Broadway Clinic Drive-Thru
Please use the drive-thru, not the main entrance. The drive-thru is just north of the Sanford Broadway Pharmacy off Broadway Ave. and 8th Street. Our guest services team will be there to assist you.
Donations will be accepted every Wednesday in December between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Items requested:
- Gatorade, PowerAde and any drinks with electrolytes
- Individual packets of Crystal Light and similar products
- Emergen-C packets
- Any other powder packet that they can drop in water
- Aquaphor or Eucerin cream
- Homemade, surgical or N95 masks
- Cloth scrub caps with buttons
- Unopened hand sanitizer
- Disinfecting wipes
- Notes of thanks and colored pictures
Online meal donation for health care workers
Please consider a donation to the Emerging Threats Fund to honor and bring some holiday cheer to our health care workers this holiday season. Your donation will go to purchasing a gift card from a local restaurant for a Sanford Fargo health care worker.
First International Bank and Trust
1601 N 12th Street
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sanford Bemidji Medical Center
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Donations Accepted: homemade masks in individual zip-lock bags and unopened disinfecting wipes.
Drop-off Instructions: Bring items to a designated no-touch bin at the front entrance.
Other Sanford Health and Good Samaritan Communities
Contact your local Sanford Health or Good Samaritan locations to learn more about donating.
For additional donation inquiries, please contact our Community Relations department.