Sanford Health Northern Lights Residence
Sanford Health Northern Lights Residence provides behavioral health services to clients in a residential setting that is staffed 24/7. We personalize care plans based on our patients’ recovery goals.
Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS)
We support clients as they:
- Develop and enhance strategies for recovery
- Improve behavior and emotions
- Restore self-sufficiency
- Increase coping skills and decrease symptoms
- Attain and sustain skills to live in a more independent setting
Our care is focused on providing:
- Customized assessment and recovery-focused treatment planning
- Crisis assistance
- Relapse prevention planning
- Nursing services
- Inter-agency case coordination
- Transition and discharge planning
We also offer:
- Integrated dual diagnosis treatment
- Enhanced Illness Management and Recovery (E-IMR) education
- Family education
- Coordination with medical, outpatient mental health, chemical dependency and aftercare services
Our facility can care for 15 adults at a time. Patients stay for an average of 90 days in the program.
For physicians: Download our admission physical examination and medical requirement form.
For case managers: Download our referral information form.
Crisis stabilization services
For patients who need short-term mental health care, we offer tailored treatment for up to ten days. Our goal is to help patients return to their prior level of functioning.
Any adult who is experiencing a psychiatric or mental health crisis is eligible for our crisis services.
Crisis stabilization services include:
- Crisis relapse recovery and prevention planning services
- Illness management and recovery services
- Individualized crisis stabilization assessment, treatment and discharge planning
- Supportive and short-term problem-solving counseling
- Medication monitoring
- Skills training
- Collaboration and coordination with agencies, providers, family and community