Birthing Basics: An Express Version of Birthing with Confidence
NOTICE: Sanford Women's is committed to providing a safe environment for you to enjoy our classes. In order to do that, the following measures are being taken:
- Limited class sizes to allow for proper distancing between attendees
- Prescreening questions completed over the phone or MyChart prior to class
- Screening patients again upon entering the classroom
- Providing masks (as needed) to attendees who aren't able to bring their own
- Allowing ample time between classes to properly sanitize the room and equipment
- Continuing to offer online options for patients who are unable or uncomfortable attending an in-person class
Learn about the stages of labor and what to expect with your delivery. If you are pressed for time, or just need a refresher course, this class is for you. Breastfeeding and newborn cares are not covered in this class.
When is the class? Typically held the 2nd Monday and 2nd Thursday of the month from 6:30-9:00pm.
Who attends? Moms and their support person are all encouraged to attend.
When should moms plan to attend during their pregnancy? Any time after 28 weeks is ideal but attendees can sign up at any stage of pregnancy. This is a great class to attend alongside additional classes like Breastfeeding Beginnings, Labor Skills, and Caring for your Newborn as these topics are not covered during this course.
What do I bring? Something to write with and a small snack or beverage, if desired.
If you are interested in attending any of our Community Health Education classes and require assistive aids or accessible facilities, please contact Sanford at at (701) 234-6294 or TDD at (701) 234-6655 to request such aids. Please call in advance so arrangements can be made. All Community Health Education classes are held in handicapped accessible class rooms.
For questions or help registering please call (701) 234-7716. We will return your voicemail within one business day.