Have a Safe & Healthy Trip
Planning a trip abroad is both exciting and stressful, but Sanford Travel Medicine is here to make your trip overseas as healthy and safe as can be. We have the expert care you trust in convenient one-stop clinics.
What Does a Travel Health Provider Do?
We offer advice, immunizations and disease education specific to the country you are traveling to. From health and hygiene techniques to information on epidemics and local diseases, the professionals at Sanford Travel Medicine have all the advice you need for a healthy journey.
Our Travel Medicine experts provide the following services:
- A personal and comprehensive evaluation
- Education materials updated daily through resources such as Travax, CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and the WHO (World Health Organization)
- Post-travel illness evaluation as necessary
- Special arrangements for large group travel
Travel Related Vaccines
We offer a complete stock of vaccines, including:
- Yellow fever (with government stamp)
- Japanese encephalitis
- Hepatitis A and B
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Acellular pertussis
- Haemophilus influenza
What Should You Do Before Your Trip?
Getting sick while traveling in a foreign country is not just inconvenient—it can also be a bit frightening. Fortunately, there are some steps you can take to make such a situation less stressful.
- Check your insurance coverage to make sure you are still covered while abroad
- If your issuance policy does not cover you while you are traveling, you may consider purchasing a short-term policy that does.
- Carry your health insurance identification card and a claim form while traveling. If you have a pre-existing medical condition, carry a letter from your primary healthcare provider that details your condition and any prescription medications you are currently taking.
- Medicare does not cover medical care outside of the United States, so individuals over the age of 65 may wish to contact AARP to find information regarding a Medicare supplement plan that covers medical care in foreign countries.
Sanford Health News