Auxiliary volunteers at Sanford Worthington Medical Center are an integral part of our mission to improve the human condition. In addition to the various services and tasks that volunteers perform, their greatest contribution is the courtesy, compassion and hospitality with which they serve the hospital and community. They help to enhance the patient and visitors experience. With the help of volunteers, the hospital is able to provide an exceptional level of service to those who are entrusted to them for their healthcare needs. At Sanford Worthington Medical Center volunteers are needed and appreciated.
The Worthington Hospital Auxiliary was organized in April 1972.
Meetings are held the second Thursday of each month from March – December (except August) at the hospital. Coffee is served in the Centennial Room at the hospital at 9 a.m. with the business meeting and program starting at 9:30 a.m.
Membership is open to all patrons ages 18 and above. Annual membership dues are $5 and life membership dues are $50.
Our goals include:
1. To provide volunteer services to various departments, patients and visitors in the hospital.
2. To raise money to benefit the hospital.
3. To sponsor educational programs for our members at our meetings.
4. To give scholarships to students at Minnesota West Worthington Campus and/or a hospital employee who is going into or studying in a medical or health-related field.
- Bag assembly for housekeepers
- Cafeteria Assistants
- Camera/Photo Album/Computer Tech
- Christmas Cookie Sale
- Christmas Tea
- Decorating and Dialysis Bulletin Board
- Gift Shop - Scheduling
- Gift Shop - Ordering, Pricing, Floral, Decorating
- Hospital Guides/Escorts
- Knitters and Crocheters - Infant caps and Cancer Slumber caps
- Look Good...Feel Better Hostesses
- Nominating of New Officers
- Occasions Committee
- Patient Information Folders
- Programs and Yearbook
- Sewing - Heart Pillow Project, Infant Gowns, and Surgical Bears
- Spring Brunch
- Volunteer Time Trackers
- Waiting Room Hostesses
Some volunteers help out on a casual basis, while others volunteer more frequently. You decide what works for you!
Auxiliary volunteers also have several fundraisers throughout the year where the money raised goes back into the hospital. These include two jewelry sales, a cookie sale, a used book sale and a style show and salad buffet. The Gift Shop is also an ongoing fundraiser which is located in the hospital lobby. Some of the dollars raised through these fundraisers have went to ambulance equipment, updating the dialysis waiting room, pillows for dialysis patients, a television for the hospital lobby waiting area, remodeling and updating a pediatric patient room and pediatric treatment room and so much more!
If you are interested in becoming an Auxiliary volunteer, please stop in to fill out an application. Included with your application is a State of MN Background Check. Once we receive your application, we will call you to meet and set-up a time for your orientation. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the volunteer program.
For more information about becoming an Auxiliary volunteer, call 507-372-3305.