If you have a school-aged son or daughter planning to compete in a school-sanctioned sport, now is the time to schedule a sports physical, also known as a pre-participation physical examination.
Required annually by the North Dakota High School Activities Association and several other area sports organizations, sports physicals help determine whether it’s safe for youth to participate in a particular sport. A physical examination is valid for one school year.
In Bismarck and Mandan, we offer sports physical blitzes with extended hours at select locations on the following days:
- Wednesday, July 11: 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 18: 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday August 1: 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 8: 5:30-8:30 p.m.
The cost to receive a sports physical is $50. No appointment is necessary to attend one of these blitzes, which will be held at the following clinics in Bismarck and Mandan:
Dickinson, Minot and Watford City
- Sanford Health Watford City Clinic: (701) 842-3740
- Sports physical blitzes will be held on the dates below. Patients can walk-in on these days or schedule an appointment by calling (701) 842-3740.
- Wednesday, Aug. 1
Thursday, Aug. 2
Hours: 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
For your convenience, you can watch a sports physical video online to save time during your doctor’s visit. Click the video below to watch.
Please also print and fill out the sports physical history form prior to your appointment.