Visitor Restrictions and Appointment Information
All Sanford Health locations require patients to wear a mask if they are unvaccinated, showing signs of illness or have COVID-19 and are in days 0 through 10 of their infection. Surgical masks are strongly recommended. We encourage you to bring your own face mask, but we will provide a mask if you don’t have one. If you are ill, please consider not visiting at this time for the health and well-being of all patients and staff.
Specific visitation requests may be accommodated at the discretion of the department director. Please call if you have a request that should be considered. Some facilities may have different restrictions. Please call ahead at the location you’re visiting to learn about their policies.
- Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
- Visitation may be limited during the day or overnight if it is not creating a safe and healthy space for the patient.
- One visitor may spend the night as an emotional support person.
- Having more visitors is at the discretion of department directors.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) visits no longer have COVID-19 specific restrictions. We encourage visitors to call ahead.
- All minor visitors must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
For COVID-19 patients in isolation:
- Patients are allowed two visitors per day.
- Visitors must continue to mask at all times.
- Unvaccinated visitors should quarantine for five days after their visit, followed by strict mask use for another five days.
- Fully vaccinated visitors should wear a mask for 10 days after their visit.
Clinic Visits and Outpatient Appointments
- Each patient is allowed up to two visitors.
- One visitor may be a minor if they are accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- Pediatric and neonatal patient visitors can be an adult or minor and can include parents, guardians and other support persons.
Long-Term Care Facilities
To protect long-term care residents, we implemented visitor restrictions early on in the COVID-19 pandemic. While safety remains our top priority, we can now allow in-person visits because of the precautions we’re taking. Please note, visitation in long-term care may vary according to guidelines from state and local departments of health.
These policies are in place at all of our locations:
- Before each visit, all guests are screened for symptoms and potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Visitors are required to wash or sanitize their hands before their visit.
- Visits take place in designated visitation areas. When circumstances allow, our first option is to hold visits outside.
- Visitors are asked to maintain a distance of at least six feet from their loved one, staff and other residents.
- Each location determines the number of visitors allowed per resident per day, as well as the total number of visitors allowed at the location at one time.
To schedule a visit or learn more about safe visit guidelines, please contact the location directly.
Sanford Health News
Classes & Events
Tue 09/27/22 8:00 AM - Tue 09/27/22 4:30 PM
4111 Technology Drive NW
Tue 09/27/22 8:00 AM - Tue 09/27/22 11:00 AM
Sanford Canton-Inwood Medical Center