At Sanford Health, we offer expert, comprehensive primary care services to you and your family. Your primary care team is your medical home and can be considered a main point of contact for health and wellbeing.
Do you have a primary care provider?
A primary care provider is a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant who specializes in Family Medicine (All Ages), Children's, Internal Medicine (Adults) or Women’s Health.
Three reasons you need a primary care provider:
- Preventive health care: A primary care provider works with you to identify health care concerns before they turn into serious health threats.
- Medical Home: Your primary care provider is part of your medical home team. They know your health history, health concerns and treatment goals to provide continuity of care between specialists, services and therapies to bring the entire picture together.
- Access to an integrated health care system: For those times when specialized care is necessary, your primary care provider is backed by a team of expertly trained Sanford Health specialists.
Looking for a Same Day appointment? Our patients can schedule an appointment through Same Day at Sanford by calling their primary care clinic or (855) SAME-DAY.
Sanford Acute Care/Walk In is here for unexpected medical moments. These convenient, cost effective after-hours facilities allow you to walk in without an appointment for fevers, flus, sprains and more.
Get great care anytime. Sanford offers a variety of phone and online options for medical visits and advice available 24/7.
- My Sanford Nurse: Available around the clock every day of the year. A nurse can assess your symptoms and answer questions. We can also tell you whether to go to the clinic or the ER based on your condition.
- E-Visit: E-Visits are made through My Sanford Chart for non-urgent conditions like pink eye, coughs or back pain. Just complete a questionnaire, and you’ll get a response from a provider with recommended treatment, a prescription or a request to visit in person.
- Video Visit: During a Video Visit, you can see a health care provider from home, work or almost anywhere in between. Just use your mobile device, laptop or tablet and you'll be connected with a provider for non-urgent conditions like colds and flus.