Several hundred people are expected at the official ground breaking for the expansion and remodel of the MeritCare Detroit Lakes Clinic and new Surgery Center today, June 3, at noon at the clinic, 1245 Washington Ave. Detroit Lakes, Minn.
(Detroit Lakes, Minn.) - Several hundred people are expected at the official ground breaking for the expansion and remodel of the MeritCare Detroit Lakes Clinic and new Surgery Center today, June 3, at noon at the clinic, 1245 Washington Ave. Detroit Lakes, Minn.
The $15 million expansion and renovation project will feature a 33,800 square-foot addition & remodel of 25,800 feet of existing space. Construction will offer patients more access to medical services locally and Sanford Health-MeritCare has a strong reputation of providing quality, local care.
The new Surgery Center is designed with two surgical and one endoscopy suite with the flexibility to add a third surgical and second endoscopy suite.
The remodel will also feature the following enhancements:
- Expanded imaging services and space with the addition of a CT scanner.
- Expanded lab services.
- Space for additional on-site parking, new north patient entry and south staff entry, with space for mobile imaging trailer.
- Expanded and relocated physical therapy space.
- Expanded and relocated optical and pharmacy services.
- Behavior Health services located on-site.
- Surgical specialists to include general surgery, obstetrics, gynecology, podiatric, urology, ENT, ophthalmology, orthopedics and more.
- Expanded clinic space for future growth of up to 40 specialty and primary care providers.
- Convenient patient-focused care by providing services closer to home.
With input from many community members, Sanford-Health MeritCare has taken time to carefully design a facility that is right-sized for the region in order to meet patient needs, which continue to grow.
MeritCare Detroit Lakes clinic and surgical center will continue to provide many services including family practice, lab, advanced imaging, operation rooms, and much more.
Dr. Jon Larson
Managing Physician Partner, MeritCare Clinic Detroit Lakes
City of Detroit Lakes Mayor
Senior Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer Sanford Health
Dr. Bruce Pitts
President MeritCare Clinics
Detroit Lakes Chamber of Commerce President
Dr. Stephen Nordmark
Internal Medicine Physician, MeritCare Clinic Detroit Lakes.