A Place for Lifelong Journey to Improve the Spirit, Mind, Body and Community
(Fargo, ND) – Sanford Health and the YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties together announce the opening of Family Wellness, an 80,000-square-foot comprehensive health and fitness center.
The $12 million facility officially opens today at 2960 Seter Parkway, Fargo (West of Scheels Arena).
Family Wellness provides a unique environment to promote wellness through:
- A place for the entire family: Drop-in child care, kid-friendly pool with a water slide, swimming lessons and open gym for free play.
- Movement and nutrition: Personalized training sessions, variety in group fitness classes ranging from intense cardio to yogalates to Zumba and mixed martial arts. Relaxation through the massage, coed sauna and steam rooms, and healthy cooking classes at a brand new demonstration kitchen (similar to popular cooking shows).
- A focus on community: Specialized group fitness classes for members with similar medical conditions and LAUNCH, a unique program for members new to wellness to try a variety of classes to help achieve success.
- Connection to nature: Sunlight awakens our senses. One of our greatest achievements is the use of windows. An entire wall in the aquatic area and more than 60 percent of the running track has fully exposed windows.
- A welcoming environment: An open floor plan, zero-entry pool, and full service locker rooms with private changing and showering areas.
- A healthy lifestyle through prevention: Access to educated and experienced medical professionals, personal trainers and healthy eating coaches. “We are combining the values of the region's most recognized family fitness organization with the region’s largest health care system. Together, these organizations share the gift of wellness,” said Jenna Johnson, Family Wellness director.
The partnership between Sanford Health and the YMCA began in 2010 after a study and community assessment found a new comprehensive fitness center was needed in the high-growth area south of Interstate 94 and west of Interstate 29 in Fargo. Both organizations were looking at expanding their fitness facilities and, after land was generously donated by local philanthropist, Ace Brandt, both organizations came together to create a place of purpose.
Sanford Health currently has partnerships with YMCAs in Sioux Falls, S.D., and Worthington, Minn. These partnerships have great synergy and help to promote a healthy community.
For more information, please download the Family Wellness Fact Sheet.
Andrea Voorhees | Sanford Media Strategist | Fargo Region
701-200-6080 | email@example.com
Follow Me @SanfordAndrea