Created by The DAISY Foundation, the award recognizes the clinical expertise and compassionate, extraordinary care exhibited by nurses every day. The award is presented on a regular basis to an outstanding nurse in more than 175 healthcare organizations across the United States. It was established in 2000 by the family of Patrick Barnes who was touched by the compassionate nurses during Patrick’s eight week terminal illness.
The most recent Daisy Award recipients for Sanford USD Medical Center are:
- Janine Menholt, RN, Pulmonary
- Wanda Deberg, RN, Critical Care
- Beth Abrahamson, RN, CNP, NICU
- Susan Thompson, RN, Case Manager, OB/GYN
- Alicia Fey, RN, Pediatrics