- Established in 1982, MeritCare Sleep Disorders Center is North Dakota's first comprehensive medical facility for diagnosing and treating sleep-related disorders.
- The accredited sleep center — the largest in the region — includes a doctor board-certified in sleep medicine, specialists trained in differential sleep diagnosis (insomnia, parasomnia and obstructive sleep apnea) and credentialed technologists.
- According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Strokes, it is estimated that 40 million Americans are diagnosed with a chronic long-term sleep disorder each year, and 20 million Americans have occasional sleep problems (About Sleep Disorders, 2008).
- MeritCare helps over 4,000 people per year address their sleep issues.
- The new site features 14 sleep study rooms and eight exam rooms. The previous location offered six sleep study beds and no exam rooms. For patients this means improved access, including convenient scheduling and less waiting.
- The new location allows the ability to offer emergency and weekend studies.
- An on-site HealthCare Accessories store will cater especially to sleep patients' needs.
- MeritCare Dialysis Fargo provides hemodialysis treatments and training and ongoing management of peritoneal dialysis.
- According to the CDC, every year in the U.S. over 80,000 people are diagnosed with kidney failure. They rely on dialysis to remove blood toxins and excess fluids from the body. MeritCare Dialysis Fargo provides dialysis to 180 people a year.
- MeritCare's approach to dialysis care is specialized — nephrologists, physician assistants, nurses, dieticians, social workers and pharmacists create an individualized plan of care for each patient.
- The new facility will feature up to 48 stations.
- MeritCare Auxiliary and MeritCare Foundation raised over $220,000 to help make the new dialysis facility possible.