Fast Track at Cash Wise will be open Monday-Friday, noon.-8 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; and Sunday, noon-5 p.m.
- Patients will be able to walk in without an appointment and obtain basic care and prescriptions in approximately 15 minutes.
- If an established MeritCare patient, information from the visit will be sent to the person's primary-care MeritCare provider.
- The standard visit will be $45 with an additional $6-25 for any necessary lab tests.
- Patients will need to pay for visits upfront with cash, a check or a credit card. MeritCare is currently working with third party payers to be able to bill for the services.
- For more information about FastTrack, visit its Web page.
Convenient medical clinics are a fast-developing trend:
- Convenient medical clinics originally started in 2000 by QuickMedX (now MinuteClinic) based out of Minneapolis.
- In 2003, the first health system, Aurora Health Care, Milwaukee, opened their own brand of convenient medical clinics.
- The concept is spreading quickly through the U.S. with expectations there will be around 6,000 operating by 2012.