MeritCare will offer additional influenza (flu) shot blitzes for patients 18 years of age and older in Fargo in November.
MeritCare will offer additional influenza (flu) shot blitzes for patients 18 years of age and older in Fargo in November. Flu shot blitzes will be held at the following locations:
Flu shots for children/teens:
- MeritCare Southpointe
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- MeritCare Broadway Clinic
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
While it's suggested that everyone get a flu shot, the following people should be sure to receive the vaccine:
- Parents with children/teens ages 0-17 years should call their doctor's office to make an appointment.
- People 50 years and older
- People who live in long-term care facilities
- People ages 2-64 years with chronic health conditions
- Children ages 6 months-5 years
- Pregnant women
- Day-care providers
- People who live with children ages 0-5 years
- Health-care personnel who provide direct patient care
- Anyone wishing to reduce their chance of contracting the flu
- MeritCare is offering flu shots for $31; this is a covered benefit under Medicare. The price will be $48 after Dec. 31.
- Preservative-free vaccine will be provided at a charge of $35. The price will be $55 after Dec. 31.
- If you have a doctor's appointment scheduled, ask to get a flu shot during your appointment.
- Flu viruses spread mainly from person to person through coughing or sneezing. Sometimes people may become infected by touching something with flu viruses on it and then touching their mouth or nose.
- Patients attending a blitz at MeritCare Broadway should park in the parking deck on the north side of the campus and come in the main entrance.
- Flu shot blitz dates for all MeritCare locations in the region are available at meritcare.com (keyword: flu).
- For more information, call MeritCare's flu information line at (701) 234-1234.