MeritCare continues to receive requests from patients for the influenza (flu) vaccine and wants to remind them it's not too late. A couple more options have been added for patients 18 years of age and older who still want to get their flu shot. In Fargo on:
Flu shots for children/teens:
- Wednesday, Nov. 28, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., MeritCare Southpointe, 2400 32nd Ave. S.
- Friday, Nov. 30, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., MeritCare Broadway, 737 Broadway.
While it's suggested that everyone get a flu shot, the following people should be sure to receive the vaccine:
- Parents with children/teens ages 0-17 years should call their doctor's office to make an appointment.
- People 50 years and older
- People who live in long-term care facilities
- People ages 2-64 years with chronic health conditions
- Children ages 6 months-5 years
- Pregnant women
- Day-care providers
- Adults and children who live with children ages 0-5 years
- Health-care personnel who provide direct patient care
- MeritCare is offering flu shots for $31; this is a covered benefit under Medicare. The price will be $48 after December 31.
- Preservative-free vaccine will be provided at a charge of $35. The price will be $55 after December 31.
- If you have a doctor's appointment scheduled, ask to get a flu shot during your appointment.
- Flu viruses spread mainly from person to person through coughing or sneezing. Sometimes people may become infected by touching something with flu viruses on it and then touching their mouth or nose.
- Patients attending a blitz at MeritCare Broadway should park in the parking deck on the north side of the campus and come in the main entrance.
- For more information, call MeritCare's flu information line at (701) 234-1234, or visit meritcare.com, keyword: flu.