All estimates are based on information provided by a prospective patient and do not include, among other things, any unforeseen complications, additional tests or procedures, and non-hospital related charges, any of which may increase the ultimate charges of the services provided. A final bill for services rendered at Sanford may differ from the information initially and Sanford shall not be liable for any differences.
When requesting a Price Estimate please have the following information available:
- Description of treatment/services needed. Please include as much information as possible about the specific services needed as described by your physician/provider.
- Expected Date of Service
- City and State of where services will be provided
- Physician/Provider/Specialist Name if known
- Insurance information, if applicable
How do I request a Price Estimate?
Please contact the Financial Clearance Center at 800-709-4274 to request a Price Estimate.
What is usually included in a price estimate?
Depending on the service, the estimate is based on what specific procedures normally cost, including doctor and facility fees and supplies. Actual costs may vary because it is difficult to predict exactly what services will be needed. The estimates may include anticipated fees for items such as room and board, operating rooms, anesthesia, surgeons, and when applicable, assistant surgeons. This may not be an all-inclusive list.
What services are not included in my estimate?
The estimate may not include all fees incurred at the time of the service, as you may receive a bill from Sanford Laboratory or a physician/provider or entity independent from Sanford.
How soon will I receive my price estimate?
Most price estimates will be processed and mailed within 1 - 2 business days.
What if I can't afford the services that I need?
At Sanford Health we understand the importance of receiving health care when you need it, regardless of your financial situation. You may qualify Financial Assistance.
What is financial assistance?
Sanford Hospitals and Clinics, collectively Sanford Health, offers Financial Assistance for emergency and other medically necessary services provided and billed through our centralized Patient Financial Services. This assistance, ranging from a reduction in the amount of the balance outstanding up to complete forgiveness of the balance outstanding, is provided to patients demonstrating financial need
How do I request financial assistance?
You have several options to obtain a Financial Assistance application.
- Please contact the Financial Clearance Center at 1-800-709-4274 to speak to a Financial Advocate.
- Complete the Sanford Financial Assistance Application available in [English] or [Español].
- Contact a patient account representative at the phone number listed on your billing statement. Note: If your statement is not available, please contact our Patient Financial Services offices at 877-629-2999.
- Visit the registration representative at the clinic or hospital and they will be able to provide you with an application.