Sanford Health Northern Lights Residence
Sanford Health Northern Lights Community Residence offers both Intensive Residential Treatment and crisis stabilization services that are fully supported by mental health experts at Sanford Health Thief River Falls Medical Center.
Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS)
Our resident care is based on a set of goals. We help residents:
- Develop and enhance psychiatric stability
- Improve behavior and emotions
- Learn self-sufficiency
- Develop skills to live in a more independent setting
To help our residents, we focus our care around the following:
- Individualized assessment and treatment planning
- Crisis assistance
- Development of health care directives and crisis prevention plans
- Nursing services
- Inter-agency case coordination
- Transition and discharge planning
We also offer:
- Integrated dual diagnosis treatment
- Illness management
- Opportunity for work experience at Northern Lights Book Store
- Family education
- Coordination with medical, outpatient mental health, chemical dependency and aftercare services
Our facility has capacity to care for 15 adults at a time. Each resident is welcome to stay with us for up to 90 days.
Crisis stabilization services
For patients needing short-term mental health care, we offer individualized treatment for up to ten days at a time. Our goal is to restore the patient’s functioning level.
Individuals who are eligible for services include any adult who is experiencing a psychiatric or mental health crisis.
Crisis Stabilization services available include:
- Crisis relapse recovery and prevention planning services
- Illness management and recovery services
- Individualized crisis stabilization assessment, treatment and discharge planning
- Supportive and short-term problem-solving counseling
- Medication monitoring
- Skills training
- Collaboration and coordination with agencies, providers, family and community
For more information about Sanford Health Northern Lights Community Residence or crisis stabilization services, call (218) 681-8706.
324 E 10th Street
Thief River Falls, MN 56701