Since its beginning in 1930, Dakota Hospital Foundation has fulfilled a mission of improving the health of the individuals and communities in our area. The health care 'pioneers' who established Dakota Hospital Foundation (DHF) also nurtured a tradition of community health service leadership represented by today's Foundation members.
Over the last 80 years, Vermillion's hospital has grown into a comprehensive community medical center providing care for the whole family. Together with Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, DHF continues to be dedicated to community health and wellness.
Click here to view the DHF Times Newsletter.
Grant Application Period
Dakota Hospital Foundation (DHF) accepts grant funding applications from local 501(c)3 organizations during the months of April and October each year.
The spring Dakota Hospital Foundation grant application period is April 1 - April 30. See grant guidelines and application forms below.
Access Grant guidelines and forms by clicking below.
Dakota Hospital Foundation Grant Guidelines
Dakota Hospital Foundation Grant Application - PDF format
Dakota Hospital Foundation Grant Application - Word format
All gifts to the Dakota Hospital Foundation are used to further its' important mission of community health and wellness and to assist in meeting the following needs:
- Clinical Innovation: Seed money to foster and enhance new programs and fund unique services
- Health Care Education: Support of community health and wellness programs and scholarships for health professionals
- Quality of Life: Supporting community projects that enhance the quality of life of our residents, patients, visitors and staff
- Sanford Arts Vermillion program
- Three-season Gazebo (located in Care Center courtyard) for enjoyment of residents, tenants, families and guests
- Scholarships for local and area students pursuing a career in healthcare
- Tuition assistance in the Health Science track at Vermillion High School
- 3-year grant & strategic planning partner with the Main Street Center
- Therapeutic equipment for use in hospital, care center and therapy departments
- Community Placed Automatic External Defibulators (AED's)
- Digital Mammography
- An Evening for Women
- Healing Garden
- Vermillion Public Schools Wellness Program & Sanford FIT education
Dakota Hospital Foundation and Sanford Vermillion Medical Center
Dakota Hospital Foundation is a 501-C3 charitable tax exempt corporation governed by a Board of Directors made up of community volunteers and Chief of the Medical Staff of Sanford Hospital Vermillion.
Dakota Hospital Foundation owns the hospital, care center, clinic and senior living apartments, as well as former hospital and clinic facilities and the grounds making up Sanford Vermillion Medical Center.
The service area for Sanford Vermillion Medical Center includes Clay and Union Counties in South Dakota and Northwest Iowa and Northeast Nebraska communities.