Welcome to Sanford Luverne Medical Center. We are a 25-bed critical access hospital, with attached clinic, that provides inpatient, acute, and long term care, and a broad scope of outpatient services.
Please review the list of links for information regarding area accomodations and attractions, patient information and forms, and other useful topics.
Area Accommodations and Attractions
Please click on the link below for information about Luverne area accommodations, attractions, and more.
Luverne Chamber of Commerce
Blue Mounds Hiking & Biking Trail
Sanford Luverne is a proud sponsor of the beautiful Blue Mounds Hiking and Biking Trail.
The trail is a joint project between the Federal government, Rock County, and the City of Luverne. The paved six-mile trail officially opened in 2003 and stretches from Main Street in downtown Luverne to the lower lake parking area at Blue Mounds State Park.
Along the path, visitors can see open scenery and agricultural fields, tree-lined shade, and a beautiful view of the Blue Mound cliff line. A portion of the trail branches off and goes to the top of the 90-foot cliff line for a panoramic view of the Luverne community.
Click here for more information about the Blue Mounds Hiking & Biking Trail.
Find more information about Luverne on the Luverne Area Chamber of Commerce website.
Click here to view the directions.
Click here to visit the Sanford Health Plan.
Call (507) 283-2321 for general information about Sanford Luverne.
To speak to a nurse about a health concern during evening and weekend hours, call (507) 283-4476 or 1-800-843-8583.
Call 911 for emergencies and ambulance service.
Business office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Patient visitation hours are 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., every day of the week.
Parking is available south of the main facility entrance (on the south side of the facility) and on the north side of the facility, near the emergency entrance.
Quality & Safety
See how Sanford Luverne Medical Center compares to other hospitals:
Sanford Luverne adheres to the Institute of Medicine's definition of quality:
"The degree to which health services for individuals and populations increase the likelihood of desired health outcomes and are consistent with current professional knowledge."
(Committee on Quality of Health Care in America Crossing The Quality Chasm, Washington, DC, National Academy Press, 1999, p. 232)
Pre and Post Baby Classes
We would like to invite you and your partner/support person to our pre and post baby classes:
- Thinking About a Baby? - Sanford Luverne offers support and information when you are making this important decision. Take a walking tour of our birthing suites, and learn about what to expect during your hospital stay. Registration for this FREE session is encouraged but not required.
- Understanding Birth - Topics we'll discuss in this class are the third trimester of pregnancy, signs of pre-term labor, what to expect during the labor and delivery process, comfort options available, postpartum care and more.
- Understanding Newborns - This class will help you prepare for caring for your new baby at home, feeding him or her, knowing what to do in various situations, and when you should seek your physician's help.
- Big Brother - Big Sister/Parent Refresher Class - If you have older children at home, we recommend they attend our Big Brother - Big Sister Class. We'll help prepare them for the changes they'll experience when their new sibling comes home. In the meantime, "experienced" parents may participate in a brief refresher class to learn about the latest in birthing and comfort options, baby care, etc.
- Understanding Breastfeeding - Learn about breastfeeding process. Taught by Certified Lactation nurse Renee Krosschell, this FREE class features factual, practical research use to provide on information on the benefits of breastfeeding, positioning, and support to promote a positive breastfeeding experience. Support person welcome!
- Infant CPR and Safety - A certified Basic Life Support Instructor gives parents CPR skills and information on choking, SIDS and tips for preventing accidents at home.
- Breastfeeding and the Working Mother - Going back to work/school can be an exciting and stressful time. This FREE class is designed to provide you with the knowledge and tools to continue breastfeeding after returning to work. Whether you are still deciding if you are going back to work, or are already back at it, come visit with other mothers about the transition and get some insight from a Certified Lactation Counselor. We will discuss pumping at work, keeping up your milk supply and storing your milk.
- Luverne's Mom2Mom New Arrival Group - A time to gather with other moms and talk all things baby in a relaxed atmosphere. Get answers to your baby feeding and baby care questions. Renee will be available to answer questions from the perspective of a Certified Lactation Counselor as well as an experienced mother. Bring your little one, we’ll provide refreshments. No appointment needed, just stop in with your baby!
- Baby Gourmet: Baby Food Making 101 - If you’ve ever cooked carrots or sweet potatoes, then you’ve cooked food that’s just right for baby. More nutritious and less expensive than processed baby food, it’s easy to learn techniques for making gourmet meals your little one is sure to enjoy. Join our Sanford registered dietitian for this fun class, offered for $10 per participant. Bring your baby!
Please see the online calendar on the home page of this website for class dates and registration information.