Release of Information
Moving? Need your child's immunization records for school? Your medical records are legal documents that are important to your continued health care. If you move or transfer to a new provider outside of Sanford Health's system, be sure to request that your new physician be sent a copy of your records.
If you are requesting records from one of the locations within Sanford please follow these instructions:
- Download and print authorization form.
- Fill out the form as completely as you can.
- Be sure to include the both the name and address that you would like your records released to.
- Be as specific as you can about the information that you'd like released (e.g. specific dates of service, specific treatment, just immunizations, etc.)
- Please mail your authorization to the address below. Sorry, but at this time we do NOT accept email or online submissions. If you do not see the site you need records from listed below, please go here to search for the Sanford location you need.
- There may be a charge for copies of your medical records. If there is a, we will be notify you before copies are made. Once we receive your payment, your request will be processed.
Please be advised that physicians within the Sanford Health system can see your medical records via our internal electronic medical records system. You do NOT need to request a transfer of records if you are seeing a doctor at another Sanford Health location.
Sanford Health - Bemidji
1233 34th St. NW
Bemidji, MN 56601
Fax: (218) 333-5355
Sanford Health - Bismarck
300 N. Seventh St.
Bismarck, ND 58501
Fax: (701) 323-6951
Sanford Health - Fargo
PO Box 2010
Fargo, ND 58122-2187
1-800-437-4010 ext. 2366
Sanford Health - Sioux Falls
1305 W. 18th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-5039