You know the battle — losing weight, gaining weight, giving up, trying again. And now your health is suffering, too. Is there anything that can truly get you off this roller coaster? If you'd like to learn more about weight-loss surgery for obesity, please come to a free informational seminar. Whether it's for yourself, a loved one or you just want to know more, you're welcome to attend - and bring a friend or family member, too.
This 60-minute seminar is free and presented by a Sanford Health weight-loss surgeon. You'll learn about the surgical options offered at Sanford Health, including laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, laparoscopic Sleeve Gastroectomy and laparoscopic adjustable gastric band (Lap-Band®). We will also discuss:
- Ideal candidates for weight-loss surgery. Who qualifies for surgery? What are the steps to get to surgery? Can I file to insurance?
- Sanford's intensive pre-surgery phase including nutrition, psychological readiness, and patient teaching.
- What happens after surgery: recovery, follow-up care, specialized support and keys to long-term success.
- An opportunity to meet a surgeon of Sanford's weight-loss surgery team.
- Time available for additional questions.
Participants are encouraged to register. To register, please complete the online registration form below or call (605)-333-2249 for more information.