Weight Loss Surgery – Sioux Falls Region
Thinking about weight-loss surgery? Perhaps you've tried everything, but you're still on that frustrating rollercoaster – gain some, lose some, gain again…
Maybe you've learned the health dangers of obesity and have begun to experience them – diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea and others.
Or possibly you're just tired of an inactive, declining life. Your size holds you back and you're not the person you want to be. Plus there's the future to think about – you want to be here for your children and their children.
Welcome to Sanford Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Program. You deserve a happy, healthy life and a program you can trust.
Multiple minimally invasive bariatric surgery options. Sanford is the first program in South Dakota to offer robotic bariatric surgery.
- Extensive experience – more than 5,500 procedures in 36 years.
- Documented results – 60-80% of excess weight loss two years after operation*
- Proven excellence – Fully accredited bariatric surgery center and active participation in the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program through the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) and American College of Surgeons (ACS). MBSAQIP accredits bariatric surgery centers in the United States that have undergone and independent, voluntary, and rigorous evaluation with nationally recognized standards.
- Bariatric Surgery Special Quality Award from The Joint Commission
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery®
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by Optum Healthcare Solutions
- Impressive safety record – greater than 99.9 percent survival rate (the national average is 98 to 99 percent).
- Lifelong support – an expert team for every step of your weight-loss journey, including years after surgery.
Your Weight Loss Team
Your journey will include several key passages: an initial consultation, months of education and preparation, surgery and recovery, and finally a new, healthy way of life. At every step of the way, you'll meet specifically trained professionals who will work with you. We all share a common goal: your lifelong success. View your weight-loss team members.
If you would like additional information, please call to arrange a consultation with one of our bariatric surgeons at (605) 328-3840 or (800) 727-0670, or click here to request more information online.